The announcement follows changes to the Create NSW’s Arts and Cultural Funding Program in June this year which included the convening of Boards to prepare funding recommendations.
Mr Harwin said the artform experts will call upon their valuable experience both in small and large cultural organisations to provide advice to specific artforms. “This process has demonstrated the extraordinary depth of talent we have in the NSW arts and cultural sector,” said Mr Harwin.
“I’m pleased to announce that nearly 40 per cent of our Board members are from regional NSW and Western Sydney. This will ensure robust advocacy for artists outside of central Sydney. From focused Aboriginal perspectives to live music experts and publishing excellence, philanthropy, visual arts and international business prowess, our leaders have a tremendous amount of knowledge to share.”
“Our ten Artform Boards represent the very best of the NSW arts and culture sector and will deliver the strategic thinking we need to nurture new talent and propel our established artists even further,” said Mr Harwin.
Chairs of the Artform Advisory Boards are:
- Aboriginal Arts & Culture Board – Wesley Enoch
- Classical Music Board – Naseema Sparks AM
- Contemporary Music Board – Ben Marshall
- Dance & Physical Theatre Board – Karen Moses
- Literature Board – Jennifer Byrne
- Multi-arts & Festivals Board – Ross Harley
- Museums & History Board – Kim McKay AO
- Opera, Musical Theatre & Chorus Board – Rory Jeffes
- Theatre Board – Noel Staunton
- Visual Arts Board – Simon Mordant AM
The first round of assessments by the Boards will take place throughout October 2019. The full list of Artform Advisory Board members can be viewed here!
Image: Minister for the Arts Don Harwin